Players are initially only able to learn and craft recipes that require a alchemy skill of 300 or less, which limits a player to only seven recipes. When a player reaches a alchemy skill of 500 they are able to take an Artisan Test which, once completed, will enable a player to learn and craft more advanced level recipes.
Alchemy Products[edit | edit source]
History of Alchemy[edit | edit source]
Alchemy was originally used to craft Potions, Elixirs, and Scrolls used to heal players and give them buffs.
In December 2018 there was a major update to the crafting and gathering systems in TERA, which changed the Alchemy skill into what it is today. Alchemists lost previous recipes with the introduction of Prime Battle Solutions, Prime Recovery Potables, Prime Replenishment Potables, and others.
When the Guardian-Frostmetal-Stormcry Gear System was introduced, the ability to craft Emeralds and Diamonds, which are used in enchanting, was added. With phasing out that gear jewels are now only used to upgrade Fishing Rods.
Simplified Path to raising crafting[edit | edit source]
- If you have the gold you can buy the Advanced Alchemist Tome from the Dark Merchant in Highwatch or any Alchemy Materials vendors to become a Master.
- It's possible to craft rubies to level up Alchemy, however it takes 117 70 to craft one ruby, with low possibility of critting
- Other possibilities are gathering Achromic Essence to craft Prime Battle Solution or crafting Reagents from Opal Essence Crystals. These materials are rather rare.
- After Artisan test you can buy Sapphire and Emerald Recipes. This will quickly get you to 800 for the Master test, again wasting gold.
- You can gain Rubies to convert to Sapphires in Dungeons, as random drops, complete Vanguard Quests, and do Vanguard Initiative Dailies for gem boxes by using the M map key and clicking on the shield in the upper left corner to activate the Shield icon where the initiative is active at the moment.