|The Archer:||Skills •||Glyphs •||Weapons •||Armour|
|Combat range||Very long (20 meters)|
|Movement speed||Normal (110%)|
- "Death from afar."
The Archer is a lightly armored class which specializes in a bow with long ranged offensive damage-dealing capabilities.
While attacking from the distance, their bow allows them to shoot a devastating blow toward the enemy from where the enemy can't reach them. As they also have high speeds, they can dodge and move quickly across the battlefield whilst still maintaining distance to shoot. When necessary, they can also lure enemies into fatal traps in order to change the outcome of the battle.
Official description Edit
Adventuring archers use remarkable bows. Instead of a string of gut and leather, their bowstrings are of arcane energy. In place of wooden arrows, they fire arrows of pure willpower. An archer's arrows effortlessly punch through enemy armor, consume foes in fiery energy, and trap them so they can't even flee! Archers deal death from afar. They excel at firing from beyond a foe's retaliation range, and using their escape moves to stay there. They can take the high ground for a better view of the overall battle, pick off foes that flee for help, and deal out damage without pulling aggro from the tanks."
Equipment and attributesEdit
Although low on health, the archer is equipped with leather armor for increased defense for when the enemy does manage to catch up with the archer. Equipped with a strong and sharply crafted weapon, the bow proven to be the favored weapon of the archer for its long ranged capacity.
Archer uses standard ranged Weapon Crystals: Spiteful, Savage, Focused and Pounding. If crit rate is low, Pounding can be switched to Carving.
Recommended weapon rolls are Damage vs. enraged monster; Damage vs. enraged monsters; +6.9% damage from behind and Flat 6% damage, and Cooldown reduction. With low gear that has only 4 enigmatic lines pick Cooldown reduction as first roll.
Archer differs from other class since they have passive skill to give 5% more chance to do critical damage (nerfed from 10% with awakening ).
Therefore archer doesn't have to all crit accessories, but part can be switched to power. Essential Mana guide recommends crit factor 220–230 over base which should be crit cap and give Radiant Arrow and Thunderbolt 100% crit chance.
Skills and racial traitsEdit
Archers are capable of launching multiple long ranged attacks using their bow to create deadly shots. Archer doesn't have fixed combos or clear rotation, but high damage skills should be prioritized and used always when off cooldown.
Main archer attack skill is . It is charge skill that is charged increasing damage, and shoots when button is released. Shot has significant recoil. Popori archer even falls to his back, doing back flip. This animation lock can be eliminated with skill Sequential Fire that shoots one arrow and cancels recoil. After that archer should continue with that shoots maximum of 7 arrows. Each hit with these skills add Focus, which when stacked 10 times speeds up charging skills.
Other hard-hitting skill archer has is Thunderbolt. It also has triple crit change and it hits really hard. Skill also has long cooldown. Recoil from Thunderbolt can also be cancelled with Sequential Fire.
While waiting the Radiant Arrow to became available again archer has to use multiple skills that are more of less fillers. Main filler is , that does less damage than Radiant Arrow, charges more slowly and has low crit change, although 2× with apex glyph. As name implies, it penetrates enemies and can hit many with one shot.
Other useful filler are , Restraining Arrow and Web Arrow. All cast very fast, although skills do minimal damage. Their main use in in PVP where they inflict poison damage or slow down enemies or their attack speed.
Archer also has number of traps that are place on ground of launched to distance. Incendiary Trap Arrow does reasonable damage even in PVE and can be launched from distance. Stunning Trap and Stunning Trap Arrow are used to stun opponents.
Although the archer's greatest weakness is enemies getting up close, the archer has a few ways to handle such situations, with the help of the archer can stun the enemy, giving self enough time to load a deadly shot, or escape with or to gain distance. Once the archer is back in the distance, it can continue its massively rapid attacks with the help of .
Being able to pick between one of the seven races proves to be a tough choice. Each race has their own unique racial traits that can effectively improve the gameplay of the archer, depending on race choice:
- Amani have a lot of defensive capabilities coming from , and which can increase the survivability of the archer and the archer's main weakness, defense.
- Baraka have , a healing ability that can fully recover all health, for more mobility, and which gives them more health than any others, only when they constantly die.
- Castanics have which increases their running speed during combat for more distance, and which gives them a higher chance to shoot a critical hit from the back.
- High Elf have which completely recovers their mana, and which restores an amount of mana upon revival to get back into combat quickly.
- Humans have and which greatly increases their defense when facing enemy players. Aside from that, they have , which restores an amount of health upon revival to get them back into combat quickly.
- Poporis and Elins have nothing that could assist an Archer in combat. Instead, they get multiple abilities for non-combat situations such as swimming and movement speed outside of combat. (Not Useless)
Glyphs and crystals Edit
Specializing in glyphs like all classes means a great deal to customization. Notable glyphs are:
- : Carving Radiant Arrow: Triples the chance to crit.
- : Slick Radiant Arrow: Eliminates slowed movement restriction.
- : Energetic Rain of Arrows: Decreases cooldown by 25%
- : Hastened Rain of Arrows: Speeds casting by 40%
- : Empowered Rain of Arrows: Increases skill damage by 25%
- Thunderbolt: Carving Thunderbolt: Triples the chance to crit.
- Thunderbolt: Hastened Thunderbolt: Speeds casting by 30%
- Thunderbolt: Empowered Thunderbolt: Increases skill damage by 20%
- : Persistent Rapid Fire: 15% chance to eliminate cooldown
- : Empowered Rapid Fire: Increases skill damage by 20%
- : Carving Penetrating Arrow: Doubles the chance to crit. (Apex superior glyph)
- : Empowered Penetrating Arrow: Increases skill damage by 25%
- Sequential Fire: Blazing Sequential Fire: Speeds up charging of Penetrating Arrow by 30% for few seconds.
- Sequential Fire: Energetic Sequential Fire: Decreases cooldown by 35%
- Sequential Fire: Persistent Sequential Fire: 50% chance to eliminate cooldown
These are your main damage skills.
This is for the last of bit of DPS.
- : Energetic Backstep: Decreases RE cost 30
- Feign Death: Regenerating Feign Death: Heals 3% of HP for 10 seconds.
Just like the default attributes and enchanting, an archer should focus less on recovering HP and resistance to attack, and more on attack, mana regeneration speed and movement speed. Such attributes are contained in Crystals such as:
- Swift, which increases combat movement speed.
- Acrimonious, which increases critical hit damage against party monsters.
- Savage, which increases critical damage against enraged enemies.
- Forceful, which increases strength when attacking opponents from the rear.
- Focused, which increases critical damage against enraged enemies.
- Carving, which increases critical hit rate.
- Glistening, which recovers mana when landing a critical hit on the back of an enemy.
- Relentless, which increases maximum health.
- Vigorous, which provides health regeneration.
|Defense||Melee Offense||Ranged Offense||Support|