|The Brawler:||Skills •||Glyphs •||Weapons •||Armour|
|Combat range||Short (1 Meter)|
|Movement speed||Unknown |
The Brawler is a specialized tank class with heavy armor and powerfists weapon. Brawlers can block damage and quickly retaliate with devastating blows. As they use powerfists, they can build up rage which is used for unleashing powerful attacks.
Brawler was released in December 2015. Originally class was available only for human females. Male brawler was added in April 2018, Elin brawler in November 2018. Popori brawler was added in May 2019.
Official description Edit
Equipment and attributes Edit
Brawler uses tanking Weapon Crystals: Wrathful, Focused, Pounding, Pounding. If crit rate is low, Pounding can be switched to Carving. If tanking for better equipped players, Threatening crystal is recommended.
Recommended weapon rolls are Damage vs. enraged monster; Damage vs. enraged monsters; Flat 6% damage, More damage vs. monster with highest aggro on you and Cooldown reduction. With low gear that has only 4 enigmatic lines keep Cooldown reduction as first roll. High-end brawlers also run double Cooldown reduction.
Optimal crit factor for brawler is between 160–270. These values are within 1% of theoretical optimum for all gear betwheen Guardian and Heroic Oath.
Skills and racial traits Edit
Brawler is tank class and must keep boss' attention on dungeons and attack from front while also blocking attacks.
Brawler has special skill Roundhouse Kick, after which next attack skill will block damage. Furthermore after raising their Rage to 100% (which can be done with skill Mounting Rage) brawler can activate Growing Fury. During the time brawler can keep their Rage up and this skill active every attack skill blocks. Spending some glyph points to let skills generate more Rage might be needed.
Brawler always blocks damage with Ground Pounder. This can be used if Rage falls and brawler loses auto-block. It's also good damage skill with triple crit chance and high base damage.
Starting fight in dungeon goes like this:
- activate Mounting Rage
- go to boss, Bull Rush can be used to fast reach boss.
- cast Ground Pounder, Roundhouse Kick, Jackhammer after which your rage should be 100%
- activate Growing Fury
- cast Infuriate to enrage boss
Brawler is somewhat weak against non-blockable special attacks some dungeons have. Quick Dash is your only iframe to avoid those kind of attacks. It can be cast twice before cooldown happens. Glyphing this skill to lower cooldown is necessary in harder dungeons.
Brawler is very strong against huge groups of enemies. Mobs can be gathered together with Bull Rush, using Ground Pounder staggers the enemies who can't dodge. Third hit of Ground Pounder throws enemies into air, during which they can be caught to Meat Grinder. Attacking multiple enemies quickly loads brawler's rage, which can be used to cast Rampage which also staggers enemies. Similar tactics are used in PvP.
- (this section needs expansion)
Racial traits Edit
Only humans and Elins can become Brawlers, so there is no customization in regards to racial traits. Human Brawlers have and which aid them in PvP fighting other players, speeds up HP recovery after resurrection.
Glyphs and crystals Edit
Specializing in glyphs like all classes means a great deal to customization. Notable glyphs are:
- Haymaker: Empowered Haymaker: Increases skill damage by 25%
- Haymaker: Carving Haymaker: Triples the chance to crit.
- Haymaker: Persistent Haymaker: 20% chance to eliminate cooldown
- Ground Pounder: Empowered Ground Pounder: Increases skill damage by 30%
- Ground Pounder: Carving Ground Pounder: Triples the chance to crit.
- Jackhammer: Carving Jackhammer: Doubles the chance to crit.
- Jackhammer: Empowered Jackhammer: Increases skill damage by 25%
These are your main damage skills.
- Roundhouse Kick: Grounding Roundhouse Kick: Adds frontal defense effect to Jackhammer/Piledriver/Haymaker if the skill is used within 5 seconds
- Roundhouse Kick: Powerlinked Roundhouse Kick: Increases all skill damage by 15% for 3 seconds after a successful hit.
- Roundhouse Kick: Energetic Roundhouse Kick: Decreases cooldown by 25%
Roundhouse Kick is used for blocking and for damage buff.
- Piledriver: Opportunistic Piledriver: 60% chance to eliminate cooldown of Roundhouse Kick upon successfully hitting a monster
- Piledriver: Empowered Piledriver: Increases skill damage by 25%
- Piledriver: Carving Piledriver: Doubles the chance to crit. (Apex superior glyph)
Piledriver becames good damage skill after apex glyph is unlocked. Before that it's mainly used to reset Roundhouse kick.
- Piledriver: Ardent Piledriver: Generates additional 2% Rage per successful hit.
- Jackhammer: Ardent Jackhammer: Generates additional 1% Rage per successful hit.
- Ground Pounder: Ardent Ground Pounder: Generates additional 3% Rage per successful hit.
More Rage is needed and some of these glyphs should be used to keep it 100% during Growing Fury.
- Growing Fury: Pumped Growing Fury: Increases power by 25 during the duration of effect.
Growing Fury should always be on during dungeon fight.
- Quick Dash: Energetic Quick Dash: Decreases cooldown by 20%
This is definitely needed in hard mode dungeons.
- Meat Grinder: Energetic Meat Grinder: Decreases cooldown by 20%
- Meat Grinder: Empowered Meat Grinder: Increases skill damage by 25%
This is main skill in PvP.
- Rampage: Empowered Rampage: Increases skill damage by 20%
- Rampage: Restorative Rampage: Recovers 1.5% of total HP per successful hit.
Mainly used in PvP.
- Flip Kick: Lingering Flip Kick: Increases effect duration by 50%
This is stun attack mainly used in PvP.
- Bull Rush: Energetic Bull Rush: Decreases cooldown by 20%
Mainly needed in PvP, although skill is good in PVE too.
- ↑ http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-s-counterpunch-update-is-live
- ↑ http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/classes/brawler
- ↑ Nep's Complete Apex Brawler Guide 
|Defense||Melee Offense||Ranged Offense||Support|