A Buff is a positive effect on players and NPCs that lasts for a predetermined amount of time. Buffs are usually applied to characters by: using items, using skills, gathering from nodes, and can be given to you by other characters.
Buffs usually increase a characters HP, MP, or stats. Sometimes a buff has no immediate effect, but merely prevents debuffs from being applied, resurrects a character when dead, or shows a special effect.
Here are a few examples of buffs:
- A Priest may buff their party by casting .
- Gathering can give you the buff Gathering Aura, which increases Gathering Speed by 4%.
- Drinking will give you a powerful buff, increasing many stats at once.
Conversely, a Debuff is a negative effect on players and NPCs that lasts for a predetermined amount of time. Debuffs are usually applied to characters by: using skills and fighting BAMs, Mobs and other players.
Here are a few examples of debuffs:
- Lancers can cast Menacing Wave on an opponent, decreasing their movement and attack speed by 15%.
- Getting hit by one of Shandra Manaya's attacks will give you the debuff Argonic Metastasis, which can turn into System Seizure and kill the player.
- Priests can cast on opponents to remove all buffs and inflict damage for 15 seconds.
Examples of Use Edit
- You could say, "Thanks for the buff."
- Someone could warn you, "Don't get hit or you'll get a horrible debuff."