|Playable races (skills):|
|Capital city||Castanica of Ostgarath|
Castanics suffered great oppression and prejudice for allying themselves with the demon-god Lok. As a result, they've lost their trust of outsiders and decided to do things by themselves instead. Most Castanics follow no Gods, although some have decided to follow Kaia. The humans and amani helped them get into the Valkyon Federation, but only after they were free from the demon's grasp.
The Castanic are originally a clan who fled the bloodthirsty Devan Empire, and their dark goddess, Zuras. Castanics wandered the continent of Shara until the demon-god Lok took them under his patronage, as Castanics were skilled artisans, and to annoy Zuras. Lok created with the best Castanic artisans artifact known as the Crown of Phanes. The crown was meant cure Balder and channel the collected power of the gods from him and store it somewhere – but it ended killing him. This caused not only the arcane scars on the Castanics bodies (which persist to this day, sort of a Mark of Cain) but caused them to abandon their home in Shara and make them flee to Arun.
The castanic race is famous for the skill of its artisans and crafters. They are also adept merchants—cunning negotiators who love the interplay of bargaining, and strive to come out on top in every deal."
Betrayed into creating an artifact that caused the death of the beloved god Balder, most castanics have spurned the gods entirely, believing them not to be worth the trouble they cause, and that those who depend upon the gods are too cowardly to seize their own destiny. Some, however, seduced by Lakan's promises of power, have followed the evil god into Northern Arun, intent on reviving the ancient and bloody name: devas."
Castanics in the Federation are willing to work together for the common good, but only so far as the common good doesn't take too long or come at too high a price. They’re perfectly willing and able to go their own way if necessary."
Capital city: Castanica
- - Increases movement speed during combat by 30 points, but reduces your knockdown resistance by 20%. Effect is cancelled if the user is knocked down. Casting duration is instant, effect duration is 3 minutes, and cooldown duration is 30 minutes.
- - Teleports to Kaiator. Casting duration is 5.5 seconds and cooldown duration is 1 hour.
- - Increases critical hit rate by 1% when attacking a target from the back of the enemy.
- - Decreases falling damage by 50%.
- - Increases crafting speed for weaponcrafting by 10%.
- Massively exclusive: The lore of TERA's Castanics (via archive.org)
- Massively exclusive: The lore of TERA's Castanics, Part II, Endgadget ( https://archive.ph/zzush )