|Playable races (skills):|
|Capital city||Pora Elinu of Poporia|
"Innocent waifs on the outside, immortal spirits on the inside, imminent defeat to the other side."
Known for their feminine appearance, elins feature unique tails and ears and an almost childlike demeanor even though they may be thousands of years old. The elins are not to be underestimated, as their knowledge greatly surpasses that of the average person. They united with the poporis in order to stop and restore peace with anything harmful to nature.
Official description Edit
History Edit"Building corporeal forms around tiny fragments of her own divine being, the goddess Elinu created the elins. Their physical appearance reflected the youngest daughter of Arun's naïve desire for beauty and peace. An elin queen governs both the elins and the poporis, with whom they share a history and a mission. The queen and her forces have proven their wisdom and diplomatic prowess in peace, and their tactical and fighting prowess in war."
Elins today Edit
"Both the elins and poporis champion the cause of nature, but the bond between them is deeper than that. As a single nation they repair, protect, and preserve the world they live in and love above all else. The popori nation was among the first to join the federation. Recognizing the Argon Invasion to be a threat to all nature, the elin queen promptly rallied all of her forces, popori and elin, to the cause."
Capital city: Pora Elinu Edit"Pora Elinu is not a large city, being wholly contained inside the trunk of a single tree, but it holds a large place in the elins' hearts. Pora Elinu stands as a tribute to the goddess and a pledge to always pursue her goals. When the elin queen has to deal with matters of state, she and her court are found in Pora Elinu, but usually she leads her forces in combat on the argon front."
An elin looks the same on the day she rises from the waters of Lake Elinu as she does the day she returns to it many years later.
After death of Elinu goddess Seren took over watching the Elins. Seren hide Pora Elinu and Elins from outsiders for a long time. This allowed Elins and Poporis avoid events like Divine War. They were revealed to outsiders only "recently" (this means several hundred years anyway, see note on Elin lifespan). The Popori Kingdom quickly allied with Humans and joined the Valkyon Federation when it was formed due the Argon invasion.
Seren is never seen in game, in fact she has hidden herself from outsiders. Seren communicates with Elin nobility in Dream, and it's responsibility of Elin princesses to interpret her will based on what they see in Dream. Elin queen is mentioned in game. She is never seen either. Elin queen is said to be in intimate communion with Seren. It's unknown if she is dreaming or joined with Seren in realm she has hidden herself into.
Some lore from the Western version of game stated that Elins live as long as humans or approximately 80 years. Some observations in game conflict with this. The timeline of the world of TERA states that the Argon War was ended in 276 VC (VC, aka "Velika Clock", is closest to "year" in TERA lore, meaning when the city of Velika was created). The Crusades area takes place back in time when Velika was just being built. On the docks, you did find Elin NPC Zolyn searching her sister Syona. This proves that Elins live more than 200+ years.
Racial traits Edit
- - Increases movement speed by 20 points. Effect is canceled if combat begins. Casting duration is instant, effect duration is 3 minutes, and cooldown duration is 30 minutes.
- - Cause all enemies to appear non-hostile to the user, but decreases movement speed by 40%. Effect disappears when a skill or an item is activated, or when combat begins. Casting duration is instant, effect duration is 1 minute, and cooldown duration is 1 hour.
- - Teleports to Velika. Casting duration is 5.5 seconds and cooldown duration is 1 hour.
- Elin was the last race to be announced and revealed to the public. Although seen as early as any other races, they were considered female popori during that time, hence the similarities of their:
Elins were "censored" when game was released in West. NA and EU versions replaced some clothing with less revealing versions. In example "panties" were replaced with "shorts" and some cloth added to cover belly buttons. This decision caused significant stir among Tera's fanbase when game was released in 2012.
- ↑ http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/races/elin, TERA Game Guide, 3/22/2012
- ↑ Lashinuk during quest Keepers of the Sun
- ↑ http://tera.enmasse.com/game/races/elin
- ↑ http://tera.enmasse.com/game/races/elin
- ↑ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-14-from-panties-to-shorties-why-the-young-anime-girls-of-tera-were-censored