|Playable races (skills):|
|Notable characters||Fraya, Elleon|
- "Faith in others is nothing without one's faith."
Noble yet cunning, high elves are known for their arrogance and great knowledge. Elves, the ancestors of current High Elves were quite different from today's High Elves. They were hostile and expanding though conquest. They were the pinnacle of civilization before the Divine War. However after the war their source of power, the Flower of Life, was destroyed, causing massive destruction and many deaths. The Elves split to two factions, the wind elves and the high elves.
After three thousand years of conquest, a force of allied races dealt the mighty high elf armies a devastating loss. After this rebuke, the Elves withdrew from the world for a century of seclusion that only ended when the gates of Allemantheia opened to refugees fleeing the argon invasion. The world took notice when from those gates marched an army that fought for the lives of all mortal races.
Though the blood of elven soldiers bought their seat at the Valkyon Federation table, many among other races do not trust the Elves' "New Way," believing the desert city's walls conceal many secrets, and that the Elves never gave up their conquering ways."
It had been three thousand years since the Elves had lost a war. This defeat reverberated through elven culture in a way thirty centuries of victories had not. They formed a new strategy: accommodate the changes sweeping through the world, and embrace the Valkyon Federation."
High elves today
Capital city: Allemantheia
- - Restores all mana completely. Casting duration is instant and cooldown duration is 2 hours.
- - Teleports to Allemantheia. Casting duration is 5.5 seconds and cooldown duration is 1 hour.
- - Increases essence gathering speed by 5%.
- - Instantly restore a certain amount of mana upon resurrection.
- note "Exploring Velika" found when fishing in Highwatch pool
- http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/races/high-elf, TERA Game Guide, 3/22/2012.