Mystery Merchants are NPCs who sell and buy special items. Mystery Merchant shops are only open occasionally and they accept only Mystery Market Coins. This type of shops were added in patch 85 in August 2019.
Merchant inventory is random. It usually includes highest level enchanting materials, Pocket Tab expanders and occasionally dragon mount with crit power buff, very fast (330) normal mounts or auto-gathering and loot-collecting pets.
Merchant inventory is limited, there's usually only 1 mount or more expensive stuff available. When someone buys it, it's greyed out in shop. Also items are limited per account, you can only buy one Pocket Tab expander even merchant has 3 in inventory.
There is announcement when merchant arrives. However, this announcement is province-wide and you don't get the info if you're not there. Merchants stays open around 30 minutes in one place.
Merchants have few locations they may appear. Places are not marked on map. Some are easy to found and some not.
- Highwatch in city second level Court of Enlightenment
- Allemantheia near Agora
- Velika near Velika North Gate
- Kaiator in chamber next to Link Street
Mystery Merchants in cities have fixed locations and are marked on map. They are not open all the time. These merchants are masked human males.
Five minutes before merchant shop opens goblin Starc, Mystery Market Coin Vendor appears. He sells maximum of 3 coins for about 1000 each. Starc appears four times a day in main cities. (He appears around 06 to 08 AM in Kaiator in EU servers. This seems to depend when server was started after maintenance). Order of mystery merchants is Kaiator, Allemantheia, Highwatch, Velika 6 hours apart.
There are also traveling merchants that appear on some locations for some time. They are goblins. One merchant appears in one province. Generally you want to search merchant in towns, camps, dungeon teleportals and other landsmarks. Generally merchants have only one spawn point in each zone. For example Val Elenium merchant appears in one place in Wyrmgorge, in one place in Tor Exsul and in one place in Sienna Canyon. This is not always a case, since ie. Velika Outskirts has no named subdivisions.
Province merchant (w/o global announcement) have 5 hours re-spawn timer in the same province but different location. Note: this must be incorrect, merchant sometimes opens in other place just after previous shop closes.
- Veracun, Velika Outskirts Mystery Merchant may appear least in:
- Event Arena (north wall stairs)
- Antaroth's Abyss teleportal
- Airship Platform (two possible places, southwestern platform and platform on west)
- Velika Outskirts Arena outside Velika North Gate
- Horse ranch outside Velika West Gate
- along the road that comes from Freeholds to beach, next to some ruins, basicly middle of nowhere
- along the road south of Event Arena, next to some speakers platform
- Near pile of goods between Free Trader Hall and the nearby dock.
- Varrek, Val Oriyn Mystery Merchant may appear in:
- Amadjuak Trading Post
- Domare Outpost
- Hulran Watch
- Outside Highwatch North Gate near bridge
- Trellum Consurgo Inner Ward, bit west from Macellarius Catacombs teleportal
- Khirian Outpost
- Thaumetal Refinery teleportal in Oracle Cave
- Mjusu Kraal, cave next to road when climbing towards Mendara Cavern
- at Baraka Seekers' roadblock in north part of Spring Valley along the road to Highwatch
- Arch of the Seeker at the entrance of the cave
- (possibly additional location(s))
Varrek might sell auto-looting or auto-gathering pet.
- Eteral, Ostgarath Mystery Merchant
- Cutthroat Harbor
- Relic Hunter Outpost
- Dragon Turtle Beach where BeachParty is held
- Docks on east coast of Serpentis Isle (discord screenshot)
- Fyrmount near Apex quest and Bahaar's Sanctum teleportals (only checked on map)
- Vindicator Outpost
- Castanica mystery merchant seems to spawn underground and it's possible to reach him until this bug is fixed (discord screenshot)
- Firebase Intrepid
- Firebase Valor
Eteral will sell either a Panda, Grizzly Bear, Snow Leopard, Tawny Huntress, Wild Tiger, or White Tiger mount for 60, 80 or 100 mystery coins.
- Foretta, Poporia Mystery Merchant
Foretta will sell either a Duckerberg, Quackerjack, Speedy-B 3.3, Speedy-R 3.3, Speedy-Y 3.3, Blaze, or Squawk mount for 60, 80 or 100 mystery coins.
- Vardung, Island of Dawn Mystery Merchant
- North Dock
- Dulari's Camp
- Ruined Temple
- Mysterious Ruins
- Obelisk west of Mysterious Ruins (Stone Sentinel achievement location)
- top of Mathar Spire
- Shrine of the Demon God next to teleporter to Karascha's Lair (ty for info!)
- Airship Approach / area with Brutal Onyx Hydraths, hidden behind rocks near bridge
- Tainted Gorge Outpost
Vardung might sell diamonds.
- Arcun, Arcadia Mystery Merchant
Arcun will sell either a Electrum Wind, Razormane, Humbug, Litterbug, Lupus Obscurus, or Lupus Argentum mount for 60, 80 or 100 mystery coins.
- Viadu, Val Aureum Mystery Merchant
Viadu will sell either a Petunia, Boss, Harry Porker, Waddles, Black and White Cat, Striped Tabby Cat, or a Brown Tabby Cat mount for 60, 80 or 100 mystery coins.
- Silvette, Sylvanoth Mystery Merchant
Silvette is generally bad merchant. He might sell advance skills scrolls or golden Relic for huge price of 1000 coins.
- Locarnum, Val Kaeli Mystery Merchant
Locarnum might sell golden Halidoms.
- Kaidera, Kaiator (Outskirts) Mystery Merchant
- Hecurn, Helkan District Mystery Merchant (Khanovar Front)
- Loahcun, Lorcada Mystery Merchant
Loahcun sells blightoath infusion material chest (= trash).
- Lotica, Val Tirkai Mystery Merchant
- Ezart, Essenia Mystery Merchant may appear least:
- ruins where initial quest takes you (Rift's Edge teleportal location)
- Stronghold of Blood, next platform to Kierhan
- Garbi Outpost
- Seekers' Locus
- Fountain of Shara
- Windwhistle Woods, along the road from Allemantheia, next to fallen tree on curve of road
- Tralion, next to Pegasus Platform
- (total 7 locations in teralore.com, maybe some are story quest spawns)
Ezart might sell a Pirate costume box, among others.
- Versa, Veritas Mystery Merchant / Balder's Refuge
Versa sells some cosmetics, like popo or cat back-bags.
- Storan, Westonia Mystery Merchant
Storan might sell a Gothic, Maid or School Uniform costume box, among others.
- Vaneva, Val Palrada Mystery Merchant
Vaneva might sell some costumes.