|The Mystic:||Skills •||Glyphs •||Weapons •||Armour|
|Combat range||Medium (10 meters)|
|Movement speed||Normal (110%)|
- "Commanding ancient powers."
Controlling the powers of Arun and Shara, their main focus is to heal their allies and to hinder their enemies, whilst keeping a distance from the battlefield. They also have the ability to drain the essence from their enemies, granting it to their allies and summon powerful minions to support them at need.
Official description Edit
Add extensive crowd control and the capability to resurrect fallen allies, and you can see why adventuring parties seek them out. They add to the longevity of any party, can seize an out-of-control situation and dominate it until their allies are on the offensive again, or simply unleash their own magical fury. Mystics make their comrades better at what they do—and a whole lot more."
Equipment and attributes Edit
Although equipped with the weakest of all armour available, cloth armor, the mystic specializes in great healing abilities to remedy that. Equipped with a powerful scepter, the mystics are given control of Arun and Shara energy, allowing them to summon unique beings for their aid and supportive healing. The scepter also proves to be a great weapon when it comes to combat, more often than not allowing the mystic to be almost as great as any other offensive class.
Healers generally try to maximize cooldown reduction. For mystic, especially after apex also mana is major problem.
Desired stats are usually cooldown reduction >> attack speed >> heal >> crit factor. Rationale of crit factor comes from the fact that healing skills can crit too and restore additional health.
Recommended weapon rolls are: cooldown reduction, cooldown reduction, +4.5% attack speed, +6% healing skills, and last roll either crit rate or replenish 0.6% mana when using a skill.
Healers generally use all crit rings, earring and necklace. Earring should be rolled to +4% HP and endurance or -10% stun duration for PVP. For rings rolls are healing, mana regeneration or crit factor.
For Weapon Crystals good choices are Carving for healing crits, Swift for additional movement speed and Brilliant for mana regeneration. For some situations, like farming Guardian Legion missions standard melee DPS crystals are used.
Skills and racial traits Edit
Mystics are capable of supporting their group members in multiple kind of ways.
Main support task is recovering their party member's health with the help of and creating orb-looking motes that can recover health when picked with the help of , and motes that can recover mana with the help of . It's important to drop both types of motes preemptively.
Other mystic's healing skills are Warding Totem and Boomerang Pulse. As name implies, Warding Totem gives other members of party (rather weak ~7000 HP) shield for 5 seconds in addition of healing over time. Boomerang Pulse is strongest mystic heal. It goes forth and returns to sender, healing allies both ways and damaging enemies. It's also has rather short range so mystic has to move actively to use it. Arun's Cleansing Touch is standard cleanse skill.
As TERA healers have other duties besides healing mystics gets powerful buff skills in form of auras. Mystic is capable of emanating two out of four constant auras which will improve the gameplay of the party. increases power, attack speed and critical rate, increases movement speed. constantly gives mana to party members, and increases critical resistance which is useful in PVP.
For debuffing dungeons bosses Mystic has Volley of Curses and Contagion. Volley of Curses has short cooldown and should be kept up constantly casting it least in every 20 seconds. Contagion has longer cooldown and should be timed with boss enrages and when other players use boost skills or brooches.
Special skill that should be noted is Corruption Ring. The skill has two parts. Activating it deals damage to all enemies inside the ring. Also while casting mystic is immune to stagger, knockdown and stuns. If glyphed mystic also takes only 50% of damage. This skill's notable use is to avoid stunning AOE attacks in dungeons while casting. Second tap on skill button give mana to allies based on the damage done by ring.
Alongside of the priest, the mystic is given other skills aside from healing that can support the group in different ways, such as which can summon all the party to the mystic, and which can revive the dead.
The mystic's resurrection signature spell is which allows the mystic to pre-resurrect a party member if that player dies. It is very important to glyph this skill to give similar effect to mystic themself, which allows them to resurrect themself if they happen to die.
For damage dealing mystic gets Metamorphic Blast (Mystic) and Metamorphic Smite, which also has chance to knock down enemies. Also previously mentioned Volley of Curses and Boomerang Pulse are pretty good DPS skills.
There are quite many mystic skills that are mainly useful in PVP. Mire slows down enemies, Sonorous Dreams puts them to sleep, Shara's Lash is stun attack up to 10 meters away which also slows down enemies, and Curse of Confusion makes enemies run aimlessly around. Regression can be used to cancel priest's blessing from enemies.
Mystic Thralls Edit
The mystic has four minions available for summoning at any given time with some cooldown restrictions, each having their own unique roles for combat situations, which makes mystic a very unique class. The minions can be killed in combat effectively unsummoning them:
- , a minion which takes the form of a fairy that can be summoned to heal the mystic and other party members with area effect healing abilities and given the ability to remove harmful effects.
- , a minion which takes the form of a wild popori that can be summoned to draw attention off enemies in a defensive role, or can be ordered to attack or chase enemies or other player.
- , a minion which takes the form of a Lightning spirit, who sits on a stand, that can be summoned to attack with ranged attacks.
- , a minion which takes the form of a huge flying golem that can be summoned to attack with powerful attacks. Cooldown is rather long.
Being able to pick between one of the seven races proves to be a tough choice. Each race has their own unique racial traits that can effectively improve the gameplay of the mystic, depending on race choice:
- Aman have a lot of defensive capabilities coming from , and which can greatly increase their greatest weakness: defense.
- Baraka have , a healing ability that can fully recover all health, and more mobility coming from , and which gives them more health than any others, only when they constantly die.
- Castanic have which increases their running speed during combat for dodging magic circles, and which gives them a higher chance to shoot a critical hit from the back.
- High Elves have which completely recovers their mana, and which restores an amount of mana upon revival to get back into combat quickly.
- Humans have and which greatly increases their defense when facing enemy players. Aside from that, they have which restores an amount of health upon revival to get them back into combat quickly.
- Poporis and elins have nothing that could assist a mystic in combat. Instead, they get multiple abilities for non-combat situations such as swimming and movement speed outside combat.
The Baraka might be the best class for mystic. Their active skill fills an important gap in mystic class skills, the ability to quickly restore their own health. Also Baraka animations are top-notch. Despite this the race doesn't seem to enjoy particular popularity, which hints race selection is maybe not based on their abilities but other factors like being cute or sexy.
Glyphs and crystals Edit
Specializing in glyphs like all classes means a great deal to customization. Notable glyphs are:
|Defense||Melee Offense||Ranged Offense||Support|