|The Mystic:||Skills •||Glyphs •||Weapons •||Armour|
|Combat range||Medium (10 meters)|
|Movement speed||Normal (110%)|
- "Commanding ancient powers."
Controlling the powers of Arun and Shara, their main focus is to heal their allies and to hinder their enemies, whilst keeping a distance from the battlefield. They also have the ability to drain the essence from their enemies, granting it to their allies and summon powerful minions to support them at need.
Add extensive crowd control and the capability to resurrect fallen allies, and you can see why adventuring parties seek them out. They add to the longevity of any party, can seize an out-of-control situation and dominate it until their allies are on the offensive again, or simply unleash their own magical fury. Mystics make their comrades better at what they do—and a whole lot more."
Mystic is one of the oldest classes of TERA. No new healing/support classes have been released since game released.
Mystic had big changes in ninja patch in 2016. Old Titanic Wrath buff skill was removed and merged to Aura of the Merciless, which now gives both power and crit buff. Heals got more immediate and less over time. Motes can now be throw to distance instead of just dropping them. Also mystic got much higher damage output.
Although equipped with the weakest of all armour available, cloth armor, the mystic specializes in great healing abilities to remedy that. Equipped with a powerful scepter, the mystics are given control of Arun and Shara energy, allowing them to summon unique beings for their aid and supportive healing. The scepter also proves to be a great weapon when it comes to combat, more often than not allowing the mystic to be almost as great as any other offensive class.
Skills and racial traits
Mystics are capable of supporting their group members in multiple kind of ways.
Main support task is recovering their party member's health with the help of and creating orb-looking motes that can recover health when picked with the help of , and motes that can recover mana with the help of . It's important to drop both types of motes preemptively.
Other mystic's healing skills are and . As name implies, Warding Totem gives other members of party rather weak ~7000 HP shield for 10 seconds in addition of healing over time. Boomerang Pulse is strongest mystic heal. It goes forth and returns to sender, healing allies both ways and damaging enemies. It's also has rather short range so mystic has to move actively to use it. is standard cleanse skill.
As TERA healers have other duties besides healing mystics gets powerful buff skills in form of auras. Mystic is capable of emanating two out of four constant auras which will improve the gameplay of the party. increases power, attack speed and critical rate, increases movement speed. constantly gives mana to party members, and increases critical resistance which is useful in PVP.
For debuffing dungeons' bosses Mystic has and . Volley of Curses has short cooldown and should be kept up constantly casting it least in every 20 seconds. Contagion has longer cooldown and should be timed with boss enrages and when other players use boost skills or brooches.
Special skill that should be noted is . The skill has two parts. Activating it deals damage to all enemies inside the ring. Also while casting mystic is immune to stagger, knockdown and stuns. If glyphed mystic also takes only 50% of damage. This skill's notable use is to avoid stunning AOE attacks in dungeons while casting. Second tap on skill button gives mana to allies based on the damage done by ring.
Alongside of the priest, the mystic is given other skills aside from healing that can support the group in different ways, such as which can summon all the party to the mystic, and which can revive the dead.
The mystic's resurrection signature spell is which allows the mystic to pre-resurrect a party member if that player dies. It is very important to glyph this skill to give similar effect to mystic themself, which allows them to resurrect themself if they happen to die.
There are quite many mystic skills that are mainly useful in PvP. slows down enemies, puts them to sleep, is stun attack up to 10 meters away which also slows down enemies, and makes enemies run aimlessly around. can be used to cancel priest's blessing from enemies.
The mystic has four minions available for summoning at any given time with some cooldown restrictions, each having their own unique roles for combat situations, which makes mystic a very unique class. The minions can be killed in combat effectively unsummoning them:
- , a minion which takes the form of a fairy that can be summoned to heal the mystic and other party members with area effect healing abilities and given the ability to remove harmful effects.
- , a minion which takes the form of a wild popori that can be summoned to draw attention off enemies in a defensive role, or can be ordered to attack or chase enemies or other player.
- , a minion which takes the form of a Lightning spirit, who sits on a stand, that can be summoned to attack with ranged attacks.
- , a minion which takes the form of a huge flying golem that can be summoned to attack with powerful attacks. Cooldown is rather long.
After awakening mystic gets several new skills.
Mass Teleport can teleport multiple group members. Basically it is additional Teleport Jaunt. It can also move group members, unfortunately it seems this skill can't really pull party members who are stuck behind closed door and such, like priest can do.
Arunic Release explodes motes in front of mystic. Motes heal allies and restore mana. This is also the most powerful attack skill mystic has.
Summon: Thrall Lord summons king thrall, also know as King Blob, which deals AOE damage on place it's summoned.
Thrall Augmentation is new toggle skill for party buffs. When activated, Mystic gets 10 more movement speed and summoned thralls give beneficial buffs to allies.
- Thrall of Vengeance gives party power buff and should be summoned always when it's available.
- Thrall of Wrath gives crit power buff and give longer cooldown it should be timed with boss enrages.
- Thrall of Life cleanses allies, ie. removes stuns and heals party members instantly and over time.
- Thrall of Protection gives shield to allies.
Using Thrall Augmentation costs 200 mana per second and makes mystic very mana hungry. This made hard to use new thralls ie. in PVP since you run out of mana easily. This effect is now removed.
Being able to pick between one of the seven races proves to be a tough choice. Each race has their own unique racial traits that can effectively improve the gameplay of the mystic, depending on race choice:
- Aman have a lot of defensive capabilities coming from , and which can greatly increase their greatest weakness: defense.
- Baraka have , a healing ability that can fully recover all health, and more mobility coming from , and which gives them more health than any others, only when they constantly die.
- Castanic have which increases their running speed during combat for dodging magic circles, and which gives them a higher chance to shoot a critical hit from the back.
- High Elves have which completely recovers their mana, and which restores an amount of mana upon revival to get back into combat quickly.
- Humans have and which greatly increases their defense when facing enemy players. Aside from that, they have which restores an amount of health upon revival to get them back into combat quickly.
- Poporis and Elins have nothing that could assist a mystic in combat. Instead, they get multiple abilities for non-combat situations such as swimming and movement speed outside combat. It is worth nothing that Mystics are known for having skills which can deal damage without getting into combat mode. Since their thralls, Boomerang Pulse, Volley of Curses and Arunic Release – which do not trigger combat mode – are part of their main rotation, Mystics will often not have enough time to use filler skills such as Metamorphic Blast and Metamorphic Smite – which trigger combat mode – in dungeons.
Considering race skills alone the Baraka might be the best race for a Mystic, but since race passive skills do not make a groundbreaking difference and active skills such as Baraka's have notorious long cooldowns – which makes it impossible to rely on them –, the choice of your race will not drastically impact your gameplay as a Mystic.
Gearing and Attributes
Healers generally try to maximize cooldown reduction. For Mystic, especially after apex also mana is major problem.
Desired stats are usually cooldown reduction >> attack speed >> heal >> crit factor. Rationale of crit factor comes from the fact that healing skills can crit too and restore additional health.
Recommended weapon rolls are: cooldown reduction, cooldown reduction, +4.5% attack speed, +6% healing skills, and last roll either crit rate or replenish 0.6% mana when using a skill.
Only remotely useful chest line for common PVE is Teleport Jaunt cooldown. Although damage from Metamorphic Smite can be used (rather as alternative option) for open world damage dealing. Also cooldown for Shara's Lash is sometimes used in PVP build.
For Weapon Crystals good choices are Carving for healing crits, Swift for additional movement speed and Brilliant for mana regeneration. For some situations, like farming Guardian Legion missions standard melee DPS crystals are used.
With new level 70 patch Exodor gear Mystic, like all cloth armor users, uses gear with magic amplification: Manaforce Azart or Dark Light gear. (Crystals, rollable weapon lines incl. double cooldown and chest line are not available on Exodor gear level 68/69 gear or on new level 65 Exodor Scout gear.)
Healers generally use all crit rings, earring and necklace. Earring should be rolled to +4% HP and endurance or -10% stun duration for PVP. For rings rolls are healing, mana regeneration or crit factor.
With patch 93 new passives healers now scale also with their magic resistance stat. Magic resistance increases the power boost mystic can give to party by 1 per 10,000 points of magic resistance and the crit power boost by 0.02 per 10,000 points when popping thralls.
The Crit Factor cap for a Mystic is 500 when it comes to healing, which gives the character 100% crit heals. Generally speaking, anything above 400 Crit Factor will provide more than enough crit heals for most dungeons. It is advised you start with 500 CF in the first few runs when you're learning an end game dungeon, then you can start giving up some CF and go for other attributes when you're comfortable.
Glyphs and crystals
Mystic has many useful glyphs. Some are only used in PVP. Generally you need separate glyph page for dungeons, PVP and damage dealing (Guardian Missions).
- : Multiplicative Titanic Favor: Increases number of lock-on targets by 2.
- : Multiplicative Arun's Cleansing: Increases number of lock-on targets by 2.
- : Restorative Warding Totem: Increases HP recovery by 25% for all group members.
- : Energetic Boomerang Pulse: Decreases cooldown by 30%
- : Energetic Teleport Jaunt: Decreases cooldown by 20%
- : Restorative Arun's Vitae: Immediately recovers 35,000 HP.
The most basic and most important glyphs.
- : Altruistic Vow of Rebirth: Caster receives effects of Vow of Rebirth when used on another target
- : Energetic Vow of Rebirth: Decreases cooldown by 30%
- : Hastened Resurrect: Speeds Casting 20%
- : Hearty Resurrect: Restores 100% of HP and MP upon resurrecting.
- : Energetic Resurrect: Decreases cooldown by 25%
These are must in most PVE. Decreased cooldown for Resurrect is needed in harder dungeons.
This is used to tank some mechanics and to avoid stuns.
You must use this glyph and skill in PVE. Note: separate glyph "Increases effect duration" glyph *does not* work on debuff.
This is additional debuff on enemies. Use it to maximize party damage output during burn phases.
- : Energetic Thrall of Life: Decreases cooldown by 20%.
- : Persistent Thrall of Life: 20% chance to eliminate cooldown.
Persistent glyph is expensive. Use your own discretion.
This is must in PVE. Possibly too expensive for PVP.
Use in PVP.
- Retaliate (Mystic): Balancing Retaliate: Increases balance by 500% for 2 seconds.
- Retaliate (Mystic): Opportunistic Retaliate: Eliminates the cooldown of Teleport Jaunt
Use in PVP.
- : Empowered Metamorphic Blast: Increases skill damage by 40%.
- : Persistent Metamorphic Blast: 50% change to eliminate cooldown.
- : Empowered Metamorphic Smite: Increases skill damage by 25%.
- : Energetic Metamorphic Smite: Decreases cooldown by 40%.
- : Empowered Thrall of Wrath: Increases thrall's damage by 50%.
Use these for open world damage dealing, like Guardian missions. Thrall of Wrath is also useful in dungeons.
or opposite glyph for Arun's Tears. Always cast them in same order. Then explode motes with Arunic Release.
- Mighty Attack, ultimately max this
- Thrall of Vengeance: Strengthened Summon, max for 20% more attack
- Thrall of Wrath: Strengthened Summon, max for 15% more attack
EP Damage is useless.
- Resurrect: Velocity, max this for 15% faster resurrect
- Metamorphic Smite: Velocity, put points here if any left
- Corruption Ring: Over-Absorption, this is very important in gaining mana. If low on mana, cast Corruption Ring to restore it. You don't actually need to hit enemies to gain mana (but you can't give it to others if not hitting). You don't need to max this skill. Even 500 mana per tick is fine.
- Vow of Rebirth: Reload, change to reset self-res after resurrection. Good idea to have.
- Metamorphic Blast: Propulsion, skill use resets Metamorphic Smite 25% change when maxed.
- Metamorphic Smite: Propulsion, skill use resets Metamorphic Blast 25% change when maxed, also increases damage by 20%
- This is nice to have for doing damage.
- Mighty Defense, max this
- Mighty Phoenix, spend 1 point here
- Lethal Lesson might be useful in PVP, less nowadays
- Volley of Curses: Stigma, very important, max this
- Thrall of Life: Blessing, if thrall survives 9 seconds, change to 25% to fully heal allies. Thrall can't be killed anymore, so it automatically survives. Max this.
- Regression: Mana Volley
- Regression: Recovery Curse
- use in PVP. Mystic can removed buff from enemies with this skill. This gives the skill change to drain their mana and reduce healing too.
Useful level 67 unlocks are Titanic Favor: Velocity and Titanic Favor: Amplified Healing. First is auto-lock.
Level 69 unlocks
Boomerang Pulse: Heal, this just makes the skill better.
Boomerang Pulse: Chain, this makes Boomerang Pulse kind of AoE heal. It can heal self, it never hits were you wanted and you can't deal damage with it anymore. Positive is self-heal. Negative is that you no longer have good heal you can target to ally with low HP.
Boomerang Pulse: Amplification. This makes Boomerang Pulse damage skill and removes healing effect. Use for Guardian missions and Ghillieglade.
Healers generally first max magic resistance.
|Tank||Melee Offense||Ranged Offense||Healing|