|The Priest:||Skills •||Glyphs •||Weapons •||Armour|
|Combat range||Medium (10 meters)|
|Movement speed||Normal (110%)|
- "Uniting the strength of gods and mortals."
The priest is a cloth armored class which specializes in a staff with long ranged supportive healing capabilities.
Power granted by the blessing of Shakan to enhance their powers and great worshipers of Yurian, the God of Justice, as they rely solely on him to aid in combat when healing is necessary the most. The priest one of the two healer classes in TERA alongside the mystic.
Official Description Edit
In fact, priests have more spells at their disposal than almost any other discipline. Priests are a support class that can also hold their own against foes. They keep themselves and their allies alive and regenerated while guarding them from critical damage, and still spare time to target foes for searing blasts of divine energy. They can target one comrade for healing, or remove poisons and curses from any nearby friendly player. They can stand up allies who have been knocked down, or put their enemies to sleep. It's no wonder that some say the party with the most skilled priest is the most likely to win victory in the field."
Equipment and attributes Edit
Although equipped with weak set of cloth armor, the priest takes advantage on its ease of weight for improved meditation on the battlefield, allowing them to concentrate more and create powerful spells to fight against armies of evil, or support their party members. Equipped with a powerful staff, the priest is given control of attacking and healing abilities given many gods whom the priest wishes to follow, requesting justice and morale, allowing them to become a great role of being healer.
Healers generally try to maximize cooldown reduction. Desired stats are usually cooldown reduction >> attack speed >> heal >> crit factor. Rationale of crit factor comes from the fact that healing skills can crit too and restore additional health.
Recommended weapon rolls are: cooldown reduction, cooldown reduction, +4.5% attack speed, +6% healing skills, and last roll either crit rate or replenish 0.6% mana when using a skill.
Healers generally use all crit rings, earring and necklace. Earrings should be rolled to +4% HP and endurance or -10% stun duration for PVP. For rings rolls are healing, crit factor or mana regeneration.
For Weapon Crystals good choices are Carving for healing crits, Swift for additional movement speed and Brilliant for mana regeneration. Priest is not generally mana-starved and ranged DPS crystals Spiteful, Focused and Savage (in that order for PVE) can be used for additional damage.
Note that while most priest attack skills are short-ranged, all have been classified as ranged skills in apex changes. Therefore priest should use ranged classes' weapon crystals for damage dealing, like farming Guardian Legion missions.
Skills and racial traits Edit
In TERAs dungeons healers have many other duties besides recovering the party members' health. They give buffs to party, debuff the enemies and support party many other way, like giving them more mana or even bursting damage if needed.
Maybe the most well known of healing skills is which works just like excepted. Lock-in to some party members and push button again to restore their health. It's also one of the weakest healing skills priest has.
Instead priest should be more active and run next to low health ally and restore their health with much stronger . Other skill that shares cooldown with Healing Circle is which is more pre-emptive skill that restores health over time and can also cast from distance. Wider heal that catches more allies is . Stronger variation of Focus Heal is , that also has 8× longer cooldown, but chance to reset it immediately if glyphed.
One of the most important skills priest has is the . It grants maximum of five party members shield, which absorbs damage, but also makes them immune to knockdown and stagger. Additionally it heals shielded targets if glyphed.
Priests originally had total of five blessings to provide various buffs to party. Those were later merged to two buffs, and during apex changes last two buffs were merged to which increases power, increases endurance, increases movement speed, recovers health over time and increases resistance to all harmful effects. Remember to apply blessing to resurrected allies too.
Another important blessing-like ability is the which allows priest to instantly resurrect self with 100% health and mana if they happened to die in battle. This skill should always be used before starting dungeon fight.
Priest is also given other skills aside from healing that can support the group in different ways, such as which can summon all the party to the priest and unique skill to instantly arise party members if knocked down.
For damage dealing priest gets , and . Priest's Metamorphic Blast has unique effect: it gives next attack skills within 2 seconds +50% critical chance when hitting enemy. Final Reprisal itself it low damage skill unless cast after Shocking Implosion with powerlink glyph to give skill 40% more damage. Finally the most powerful attack skill, Zenobia's Vortex, which also lifts enemies to air for short period to prevent them moving or attacking. This should also be comboed with Metamorphic Blast. The other long-range attack skill is pretty weak and is mainly used to debuff enemies, although 3rd hit hits much harder.
After awakening priest gets several new skills.
Holy Burst is new healing skill. It launches ball, that heals allies and damages enemies. It also gives reduced damage taken for short time.
Edict of Judgment is new powerful dps burst skill. It buffs priest's damage skills and group power by 20 and crit factor by 30. However, healing and shield skills are not available. Some attack skills have buffed damage or range and attacks also restore health and mana to allies. All attack skills priest uses are counted as attacks from the rear. If needed, priest can cancel this still by pressing skill button again to continue with healing skills.
Being able to pick between one of the seven races proves to be a tough choice. Each race has their own unique racial traits that can effectively improve the gameplay of the priest, depending on race choice:
- Amani have a lot of defensive capabilities coming from , and which can greatly increase their greatest weakness, defense.
- Baraka have , a healing ability that can fully recover all health, and more mobility coming from , and which gives them more health than any others, only when they constantly die.
- Castanic have which increases their running speed during combat for dodging magic circles, and which gives them a higher chance to shoot a critical hit from the back.
- High elves has which completely recovers their mana, and which restores an amount of mana upon revival to get back into combat quickly.
- Humans have and which greatly increases their defense when facing enemy players, aside from that, they have which restores an amount of health upon revival to get them back into combat quickly.
- Poporis and elins have nothing that could assist a priest in combat. Instead, they get multiple abilities for non-combat situations such as swimming and movement speed outside combat.
Glyphs and crystals Edit
Specializing in glyphs like all classes means a great deal to customization.
Some recommended glyphs are:
- : Enfeebling Triple Nemesis: decreases target endurance by 10% for 12 seconds
- : Lingering Energy Stars: increases effect duration by 25%
- : Boosted Energy Stars: increases power and attack speed additional 20%
These are basic glyphs that should be used in dungeons to maximize party damage output.
This skill is very important should priest happen to die. Glyph + cooldown reduction reduces its base cooldown of 15 minutes to less than 5 min.
- : Hearty Resurrect: restores 100% HP and MP up resurrecting
- : Hastened Resurrect: Speeds casting by 15%
- : Energetic Resurrect: decreases cooldown 25%
Resurrect is a very important skill is harder dungeons. Least Hearty Resurrect should be used.
Depends on your gear and crystals, but if self-healing is too low, use this.
- : Regenerating Kaia's Shield: recovers 5% HP every 2 seconds for 6 seconds
- : Energetic Kaia's Shield: decreases cooldown 25%
Kaia's Shield is one of the most powerful priest's skills. With glyph + cooldown reduction its cooldown is down from 50 seconds to ~20 sec. As shield lasts 12 seconds, it has over 50% uptime.
This is more powerful version of Focus heal.
If priest misses cleanse on some party members, it can be cast almost immediately again with this glyph.
As this is only priest's iframe. Especially useful in PVP.
- Zenobia's Vortex: Energetic Zenobia's Vortex: decreases cooldown by 30%
Each hit with Zenobia's Vortex reduces Edict of Judgement cooldown by 2 seconds. Spamming this skill is good idea for Apex priest.
- : Energetic Arise: decreases cooldown by 50%
- : Energetic Retaliate: decreases cooldown by 20%
- : Energetic Fiery Escape: decreases cooldown by 15%
- : Energetic Guardian Sanctuary: decreases cooldown by 20%
- : Energetic Plague of Exhaustion: decreases cooldown by 30%
- : Energetic Ishara's Lullaby: decreases cooldown by 20%
These glyphs are mainly for PVP.
- Summon Group: Energetic Summon Group: decreases cooldown by 20%
This glyph is mainly useful in GVG or CU. But if you have 1 glyph point left put it here.
|25px||This section requires an expansion. |
|Defense||Melee Offense||Ranged Offense||Support|