|The Slayer:||Skills •||Glyphs •||Weapons •||Armour|
|Combat range||Very short (3 meters)|
|Movement speed||Normal (110%)|
- "Death on a sword's edge."
The slayer is a light armored class which wields a greatsword with melee offensive damage-dealing capabilities.
Being a deadly foe worth some forethought before engaging, the slayer's way of fighting involves great powers which would end in destruction if not avoided.
Official description Edit
The slayer does his job with aggressive swordplay, graceful evasive moves, and overwhelming force. Wide-sweeping circular attacks mow down enemies on all sides, agile dodges puts the slayer behind the foe, and leaping backflip kicks stun the enemy and open distance. Despite their light armor, slayers can fight in the thick of things along with warriors. They are faster and more mobile than berserkers, and their whirling attack style allows them to excel at taking out surrounding mobs.
Like warriors, slayers can dodge out of harm's way and come up behind foes. Because they don't draw aggro as easily as some other classes, slayers excel at attacking enemies from the rear while tanks keep them busy from the other sides."
Equipment and attributes Edit
Often underestimated as a slow attacking class, the slayer turns out to be one of the fastest classes only to be surpassed by the warrior thanks to their given combo skills. Equipped with a leather armor, the slayer is not too weak yet not too strong on the defensive lines, alongside of their handful of dodging skills. Their weapon of choice, the greatsword, often seems a slow weapon, can deal massively fast damage once a full combo has been reached successfully without a single miss, requiring great precision to use the weapon to its full potential.
Slayer uses standard melee Weapon Crystals: Bitter, Savage, Focused and Pounding.
Recommended weapon rolls are Damage vs. enraged monster; Damage vs. enraged monsters; +6.9% damage from behind and Flat 6% damage, and Cooldown reduction. With low gear that has only 4 enigmatic lines pick Cooldown reduction as first roll.
Slayer main skills have rather low crit chance. The most common crit+crit power build uses all crit rings, earrings and necklace. As of late 2018 slayer should aim for around total 350 crit rate and build power after it.
Skills and racial traits Edit
Slayer is combo-based melee class. Majority of slayer damage dealing capability is based on skills buffing other skills with powerlink glyphs. Most of slayer attack skills can be comboed to Overhand Strike.
As noted in skill description Overhand Strike can be chained after , , Leaping Strike, Stunning Backhand, Startling Kick, Eviscerate, Fury Strike and some other skills. It has very short cooldown (4 sec) and nice damage. It also has good chance to reset itself when used. It however has low crit chance, although buffed to have 10% crit chance over normal 1× skills. Overhand Strike can also be glyphed to restore slayer's health if needed.
The most important skills here are: , which gives 2× crit chance for next 4 seconds. It also buffs Whirlwind's and Overhand Strike's damage. on the other hand buffs all damage 10% for next 4 seconds. This skill also gets 112 extra crit when glyphed (3× crit rate glyph means slayer base crit rate of 56 tripled).
The hardest hitting slayer skill is Measured Slide. This skill also has 3× crit chance, which means it crits always at crit rates over 230 doing massive damage. Measured Slide itself casts very slowly, and must be chained from Overhand Strike or Eviscerate. As we notice Measured Slide and Eviscerate have same cooldown time, and Eviscerate buffing Measured Slide damage by 25%, we have rudimentary slayer rotation ready:
Thanks to passive skill Propulsion skills' cooldowns are reduced when other skills in rotation do critical hits. This rotation probably needs some filler skills. Good candidate is Heart Thrust which gets extra 112 crit rate if glyphed. Also Fury Strike chain is good since it casts very fast, and can be glyphed to speed up Whirlwind.
Also should be noted that charge skill Headlong Rush should be used to either speed up Whirlwind or to buff Knockdown Strike always when it's available.
For movement and evasion slayer gets quite standards skills: Backstab moves slayer behind target, and Evasive Roll moves short distance and can be used to pass through enemies. Both skills also have iframe to dodge special attacks.
Slayer also gets quite standards boost skill for extra damage: In Cold Blood buffs damage and attack speed for 20 seconds, casting it resets most attack skills, also your Overhand Strike gets 100% reset chance during the boost (called Ultimate Overhand Strike).
Slayer used to have other buff skill named Overpower. When used it buffed damage of next attack skill. This skill has now been reworked as toggle and when switched on (as you should always do) it gives buffs every 4 seconds.
As slayer was, along with berserker, one of two classes, that started off with 0 mana. Therefore slayer also gets skill to gain more mana. Old Triumphant Shout is now merged to Tenacity, which also increases resistance to stun. Slayer might still have problems with mana, especially during attack speed buff lancer can give. Generally best solution for mana problems is using dyad armor crystal with Glistering effect.
Being able to pick between one of the seven races proves to be a tough choice. Each race has their own unique racial traits that can effectively improve the gameplay of the slayer, depending on race choice:
- Amani have a lot of defensive capabilities coming from , and which can greatly increase defense when needed the most.
- Baraka have , a healing ability that can fully recover all health, and more mobility coming from , and which gives them more health than any others, only when they constantly die.
- Castanic have which increases their running speed during combat for dodging magic circles, and which gives them a higher chance to shoot a critical hit from the back.
- High elves have which completely recovers their mana, and which restores an amount of mana upon revival to get back into combat quickly.
- Humans have and which greatly increases their defense when facing enemy players, aside from that, they have which restores an amount of health upon revival to get them back into combat quickly.
- Poporis and elins have nothing that could assist a slayer in combat. Instead, they get multiple abilities for non-combat situations such as swimming and movement speed outside combat.
Generally races are not picked due skills they provide but for other reason, most notable being small differences in different skills' animation speeds. Castanics are know for their faster first hit in combo attack (auto-attack) which is sometimes used to provide more mana or simply as filler skill. Also Castanic crit passive helps especially slayer. Popori slayers have became somewhat popular lately after patch which equalized animation distances in some skills, like evasion rolls. Baraka slayer is generally considered bad choice due their slow animations.
Glyphs and crystals Edit
Specializing in glyphs like all classes means a great deal to customization. Notable glyphs are:
- : Empowered Knockdown Strike: Increases skill damage by 30%.
- : Empowered Knockdown Strike: Doubles the chance to crit for 4 seconds.
- : Powerlinked Knockdown Strike: Increases skill damage of Whirlwind by 25% for a few seconds
- : Powerlinked Knockdown Strike: Increases skill damage of Overhand Strike by 20% for a few seconds
- : Empowered Whirlwind: Increases skill damage by 10% for 4 seconds.
- : Keen Whirlwind: Triples Crit Factor.
- Measured Slice: Carving Measured Slice: Triples the chance to crit.
- Overhand Strike: Persistent Overhand Strike: 70% chance to eliminate cooldown
- Heart Thrust: Keen Heart Thrust: Triples Crit Factor.
- Heart Thrust: Empowered Heart Thrust: Increases skill damage by 30%.
- Fury Strike: Empowered Fury Strike: Increases skill damage by 40%.
- Eviscerate: Energetic Eviscerate: Decreases cooldown by 20%
- Eviscerate: Powerlinked Eviscerate: Increases skill damage of Measured Slice by 25% for a few seconds
- Eviscerate: Empowered Eviscerate: Increases skill damage by 25%.
- Eviscerate: Powerlinked Eviscerate: Increases skill damage of Overhand Strike by 25% for a few seconds
- Headlong Rush: Energetic Headlong Rush: Decreases cooldown by 25%
- Headlong Rush: Powerlinked Headlong Rush: Increases skill damage of Knockdown Strike by 25% for a few seconds
- Backstab (Slayer): Energetic Backstab: Decreases cooldown by 20%
- Tenacity (Slayer): Energetic Tenacity: Decreases cooldown by 30%
- Startling Kick: Lingering Startling Kick: Increases effect duration by 30%
|25px||This section requires an expansion. |
|Defense||Melee Offense||Ranged Offense||Support|