|The Sorcerer:||Skills •||Glyphs •||Weapons •||Armour|
|Combat range||Long (15 meters)|
|Movement speed||Normal (110%)|
- "Focused intellect and raw killing power."
The sorcerer is a cloth armored class which specializes in a disc with long ranged offensive damage-dealing capabilities.
Although what seems the weakest of all in terms of defense, the Sorcerer is full of great knowledge in magical spells varying from strong area attacks and devastating fireballs for a quick destruction.
Official description Edit
Warriors of the intellect, sorcerers are at their best when they stand apart, watch for vulnerability, and then make their foes pay dearly for it. Sorcerers may not be as flexible as other classes, but when your close-quarters companions fall in battle it's awfully nice to have arcane artillery at your disposal."
Equipment and attributes Edit
The sorcerers lack of healing abilities combined with the poor defense provided by cloth armor leave them the most physically vulnerable cloth armor based class. As such, sorcerers are often played defensively, and striking when a suitable opportunity arises. The disc equipped by the sorcerer is used to channel powerful magical spells that take the form of fire, ice, lightning and mental energy to damage their opponents.
Sorcerer uses standard ranged Weapon Crystals: Spiteful, Savage, Focused and Pounding. If crit rate is low, Pounding can be switched to Carving.
Recommended weapon rolls are Damage vs. enraged monster; Damage vs. enraged monsters; +6.9% damage from behind and Flat 6% damage, and Cooldown reduction. With low gear that has only 4 enigmatic lines pick Cooldown reduction as first roll.
Skills and racial traits Edit
Sorcerers are capable of casting powerful magic and utilizing elemental attacks that range from fire, ice, lightning and mind elements. This aspect is made more apparent with Sorcerer's Awakening and skills are now divided to three categories: fire, ice and arcane magic.
Other main damage skills are and Lightning Strike. Both have 2× crit chance glyphs when attacking monsters. Lightning Strike also has reset glyph for possibility to reset skill after casting, which means it can be cast again. Lightning Strike falls under arcane magic and Void Pulse is fire attack.
Sorcerer doesn't directly have combo skills. However, there are two skills that buff other skills' crit factor after cast. The is a spell that charges up and sent in a straight direction, dealing damage to anything standing in the way. It has side effect of boosting crit factor 2.5 times for for 5 seconds (2.5× of sorc's base 50 crit factor = +75 crit). Nova has similar effect, +75 crit factor for 4 seconds. Main damage skills should be used while crit boost lasts.
Based on this we have basic sorcerer rotation:
These two chains however don't take all time Meteor Strike takes to be available again (around 9 seconds with single cdr roll). Pre-Apex sorcerer ends up using lots of low crit chance filler skills. The most common of these are , Frost Sphere. and can also be used when standing close to enemy.
Special aspects of some skill to be considered: while charging sorcerer can move freely if proper glyph it used. Use this to relocate while in combat and you don't lose any DPS. While casting Nova sorcerer takes only half damage and has high resistance to stagger and knockdown. This skill can be used for "Nova Tanking" some damage to avoid using dodges.
Special skill from ice resources is the Hailstorm which freezes the ground and slows down enemies and damages them. This skill should always be cast when it's available, as it damages enemies over time.
Although weak when it comes to close combat, the sorcerer has multiple ways to counter that weakness with maybe second best dodge skills. Wrap Barrier makes sorcerer immune to damage for maximum of 2 seconds, will allow the sorcerer to endure damage in exchange for mana. In addition sorcerer can use to turn to stone statue and became immune to all damage. Finally, the , a chilly spell which will cause the caster to leap backwards, giving enough distance to continue a combo.
Finally, since rework (in NA: Spellbound patch, EU Portentous Rebirth in October 2016) sorcerer gets quite standard boost skill for extra damage: Mana Boost buffs damage for 20 seconds.
Also during rework mana management of sorcerer is greatly simplified. Sorcerer no longer needs to use special skills to keep their mana up. Even burns and Adrenaline Rush from lancer can probably be handled with a single mana potion. Using double Energetic etchings might drain mana and glistering dyad niveot might be needed.
Being able to pick between one of the seven races proves to be a tough choice. Each race has their own unique racial traits that can effectively improve the gameplay of the sorcerer, depending on race choice:
- Amani have a lot of defensive capabilities coming from , and which can greatly increase their greatest weakness, defense.
- Baraka have , a healing ability that can fully recover all health, and more mobility coming from , and which gives them more health than any others, only when they constantly die.
- Castanic have which increases their running speed during combat for dodging magic circles, and which gives them a higher chance to shoot a critical hit from the back.
- High elves have which completely recovers their mana, and which restores an amount of mana upon revival to get back into combat quickly.
- Humans have and which greatly increases their defense when facing enemy players, aside from that, they got which restores an amount of health upon revival to get them back into combat quickly.
- Poporis and elins have nothing that could assist a sorcerer in combat. Instead, they get multiple abilities for non-combat situations such as swimming and movement speed outside combat. Elin Racial skills may assist in not entering combat, which can be useful considering the low defense.
Generally Elin is said to have fastest animations on skills. However Castanic race passive is especially important for sorcerer.
Glyphs and crystals Edit
Specializing in glyphs like all classes means a great deal to customization. Notable glyphs are:
- : Carving Meteor Strike: Doubles the chance to crit when attacking monsters
- : Energetic Meteor Strike: Decreases cooldown by 20%
- : Hastened Meteor Strike: Speeds casting by 25%
- : Empowered Arcane Pulse: Increases skill damage by 25%
- : Slick Arcane Pulse: Can move while charging
- : Keen Arcane Pulse: Increases crit factor by 2.5 times for 5 seconds
- : Carving Void Pulse: Doubles the chance to crit when attacking monsters
- : Energetic Void Pulse: Decreases cooldown by 20%
- Lightning Strike: Carving Lightning Strike: Doubles the chance to crit when attacking monsters
- Lightning Strike: Persistent Lightning Strike: 50% chance to eliminate cooldown (Apex glyph)
- Nova: Energetic Nova: Decreases cooldown by 20%
- Nova: Hastened Nova: Speeds casting by 30%
- Nova: Keen Nova: Increases crit factor by 2.5 times for 4 seconds
These are your main damage skills in PVE.
- Mana Boost: Energetic Mana Boost: Decreases cooldown by 20%
- Mana Boost: Lingering Mana Boost: Increases effect duration by 20%
Improving your boost skill.
There are for last bits of DPS in PVE.
- Warp Barrier: Energetic Warp Barrier: Decreases cooldown by 20%
- Warp Barrier: Lingering Warp Barrier: Increases effect duration by 100%
- : Energetic Teleport Jaunt: Decreases cooldown by 15%
- : Energetic Mana Barrier: Decreases cooldown by 20%
- : Warding Mana Barrier: Increases damage absorption by 30%
You dodge and defensive skills.
- : Energetic Time Gyre: Decreases cooldown by 15%
- : Blazing Time Gyre: Speeds casting Meteor Strike by 25% for a few seconds
- : Multiplicative Time Gyre: Increases number of lock-on targets by 2.
- : Hastened Mindblast: Speeds casting by 30%
- : Hindering Burning Breath: Decreases the effect of healing skills on foes by 30% for 10 seconds
- : Lingering Glacial Retreat: Increases effect duration by 40%
These skills are mainly used in PVP.
- : Empowered Flame Pillar: Increases skill damage by 25%
- : Energetic Flame Pillar: Decreases cooldown by 20%
Flame Pillar is used in PVP as it staggers enemies. Also it can be used to fight large number of mobs since it hits every target with equal force.
- Frost Sphere: Energetic Frost Sphere: Decreases cooldown by 30%
- Frost Sphere: Lingering Frost Sphere: Increases effect duration by 50%
- Frost Sphere: Slowing Frost Sphere: Decreases opponent's Movement Speed by an additional 20%
- Frost Sphere: Blazing Frost Sphere: Speeds casting Mindblast by 40% for a few seconds
This is mainly for PVP to slow down enemies and speed up Mindblast. Although Frost Sphere is used in PVE to give Ice effect to Apex Fusion skills and cooldown reduction might be needed.
Offensive Crystals Edit
PVE Crystals Edit
Recommended crystals for sorcerers is the same for any ranged damage class. This includes a savage niveot, spiteful niveot, focused niveot and a pounding niveot or a forceful niveot. Choosing between a pounding and forceful niveot is left to user preference as there is little damage difference between the niveots. It is safe to leave one on for general dungeons.
For dyad niveots, it is recommened to have poisdly secondary roll or relentless secondary roll. Having four poisdly secondary rolls will yield an 8.8 percent damage reduction against eneraged monsters
Defensive Crystals Edit
PvE Crystals Edit
Defensive crystals are the standard hardy niveots.
For dyad secondary rolls, it is recommended to use glistingly rolls as the secondary roll for MP replenishment. As a sorcerer, mana is a major issue and glistiningly replenishs some mp when the player crits from behind which helps alleviate the mana issue
|25px||This section requires an expansion. |
|Defense||Melee Offense||Ranged Offense||Support|