|The Warrior:||Skills •||Glyphs •||Weapons •||Armour|
|Combat range||Very short (2 meters)|
|Movement speed||Very fast (120%)|
|Weapon type||Twin swords|
- "Swift blades bring swift defeat."
The warrior is a light armored class which specializes in a pair of twin swords with melee offensive damage-dealing capabilities.
The main traits of the warrior are agility and fast execution skills. Although not the best when it comes to taking a hit, the warrior specializes in great dodging skills thanks to its fast movement speed to avoid getting hit.
Korean name for class is geomtusa (검투사) or gladiator. Gladiators who fought with twin swords were known by name Dimachaerus in Ancient Rome.
Official description Edit
The warrior's deft moves and quick dodges make it easy to hold aggro while avoiding damage. Quick to make decisions and quicker to draw swords, the warrior will not fall back on the battlefield. If you've misplaced your warrior, always look ahead—never behind."
Equipment and attributes Edit
Geared with only leather armor, the warrior takes advantage of such ease of weight in order to excel in dodging skills above all other classes. With the right amount of timing and precision, the warrior can hold down an enemy easily to a point where it could be considered a defender. Equipped with a pair of powerful twin swords, the warrior can use them to create large, quick and powerful attacks of damage to hit anything surrounding it as it dodges attacks.
Warrior uses standard melee Weapon Crystals: Bitter, Savage, Focused and Pounding.
Recommended weapon rolls are Damage vs. enraged monster; Damage vs. enraged monsters; +6.9% damage from behind and Flat 6% damage, and Cooldown reduction. With low gear that has only 4 enigmatic lines keep pick Cooldown reduction as first roll. It's not uncommon to see top-end warriors use double cooldown reduction rolls.
Scythe reaches crit cap (100% crit chance) at 224 crit, castanic warrior at 211 crit due their race passive. However some more crit is recommended since you might cast scythe on lower edge and other main damage skill, Blade Draw has only 2x crit chance. As result warrior should be use mixed build with rings, earrings and necklace and underwear for desired crit rate + power ratio.
Recommended crit rate in warrior Discord is anywhere between base+181 to base+230. For builds with double cooldown reduction higher crit rate is recommended, as damage dealing shifts to Blade Draws, while on lower crit rate it's mainly "safe crits" like Scythe.
Due high attack speed warriors often have problems with mana. Using Glistering Dyad Niveot in one armor crystal slots is recommended solution for this. Even one is enough to keep mana up.
Skills and racial traits Edit
Warrior is maybe the most flexible class in TERA. Warrior can be played as offense or damage dealing class, or as tank. For these roles warrior has two special modes: and . Warrior starts with no stance and either has to be switched on, and both provide bonuses for the role.
Damage dealing with warrior is based heavily on combos and on system called Edge. Most warrior attack skills increase the Edge counter. The Edge is spent with skill called . This skill alone does around ~40% of warrior DPS.
Other main damage skill is the . Blade Draw alone casts is very slow and must be chained after other skills. When glyphed Blade Draw gives 2 Edge and has 50% chance to reset (pre-Apex). Common chains to Blade Draw are:
If Blade Draw doesn't reset, we end up using filler skills to build edge. is very fast skill and gives 2 Edge, even if itself has marginal damage. and as filler give 1 Edge. Also Backstab gives 2 Edge but has longer cooldown. is sometimes used alone has filler skill.
reaches its maximum crit chance 8 Edge and does it's maximum damage at 10 Edge, and anything over it is wasted. Scythe has to be chained from Blade Draw, Poison Blade, Rain of Blows, Evasive Roll, or force cast with .
Several warrior skills have special characteristics. gives opponent poison debuff which drains HP, slows down enemies, gives opponents endurance debuff (usually overwritten by tank's debuff), increases warrior's attack speed, pulls enemies together.
In warrior is fully featured tank. There are few skills usable only in this mode. Warrior can now block attacks with . Cross Parry uses Resolve like Lancer's equivalent skill and block cannot hold forever. Correct timing on block increases Edge. Also warrior can counterattack with Blade Draw after blocking a hit. Other skill is Infuriate to force boss to enrage at the start of the fight.
For movement and evasion warrior gets standards skills: Backstab moves behind target and stuns target. Evasive Roll moves short distance and can be used to pass through enemies. Both skills also have iframe to dodge special attacks. In addition of these dodges warrior gets also , that generates Edge, and doesn't use Resolve like Evasive Roll does. DFA also keeps position. Generally warrior is thought to have best dodge skills of all classes since Evasive Roll can be cast four times in row with correct build and DFA has very low cooldown.
Perhaps the most peculiar skill of warrior is to summon shadows of themself. There are two skill that do this. summons a shadow that takes aggro from warrior and monsters start chasing the shadow. Also it's used to absorb damage, since shadow takes 50% of damage warrior would take during 20 seconds it lasts. Other version is , only usable in tank mode. After blocking an attack and while holding the block, this skill summons shadow in front of boss and teleports the warrior behind the boss, while boss keeps attacking the shadow.
After awakening warrior gets several new skills.
Blade Waltz is new skill that can be used to interrupt any other skill. Also it chains to Blade Draw and Scythe. It can be cast twice before cooldown hits. This skill totally changes how warrior is played. This skill can be used for 2 quick BD combos, and to interrupt Scythe animation after damage is done. It can also totally replace Rain of Blows as filler skill. This skill has improved crit chance (+10%) and 2.2× in Assault Stance. It also gives next attack skill double crit chance. In Defensive Stance it blocks attacks from front.
Aerial Scythe is second Scythe skill to spend Edge. This skill has two parts, first part giving 2 Edge and second hit using them. Therefore it should be cast at 8 Edge. This skill requires no combo, but can be cast anytime.
Being able to pick between one of the seven races proves to be a tough choice. Each race has their own unique racial traits that can effectively improve the gameplay of the warrior, depending on race choice:
- Amani have a lot of defensive capabilities coming from , and which can greatly increase defense, when they do get hit.
- Baraka have , a healing ability that can fully recover all health, and more mobility coming from , and which gives them more health than any others, only when they constantly die.
- Castanic have which increases their running speed during combat for dodging magic circles, and which gives them a higher chance to shoot a critical hit from the back.
- High elves have which completely recovers their mana, and which restores an amount of mana upon revival to get back into combat quickly.
- Humans have and which greatly increases their defense when facing enemy players, aside from that, they have which restores an amount of health upon revival to get them back into combat quickly.
- Poporis and elins have nothing that could assist a warrior in combat. Instead, they get multiple abilities for non-combat situations such as swimming and movement speed outside combat.
Castanic and Elin have long time been favourite races for min-maxing warrior due their animation speed. Post-Apex also (female) High Elf has seen some popularity.
Glyphs and crystals Edit
Specializing in glyphs like all classes means a great deal to customization. Notable glyphs are:
- : Carving Scythe: Triples the chance to crit when attacking monsters.
- : Empowered Scythe: Increases Edge damage by 30%
- : Empowered Blade Draw: Increases skill damage by 25%
- : Persistent Blade Draw: 60% chance to eliminate cooldown (Apex glyph)
- : Advantageous Blade Draw: Increases Edge generation by 1 per hit.
- : Carving Blade Draw: Doubles the chance to crit when attacking monsters.
Higher damage, double crit chance and chance to reset for your main damage skills.
This is your main filler skill before apex skills are unlocked.
- : Energetic Charging Slash: Decreases cooldown by 25%
- : Powerlinked Charging Slash: Increases skill damage of Combative Strike by 50% for a few seconds
Charging Slash is fastest combo to Blade Draw.
- : Energetic Deadly Gamble: Decreases cooldown by 25%
- : Lingering Deadly Gamble: Increases effect duration by 20%
Evasive Roll normally costs 500 of warrior's 1500 RE. This glyph allows warrior to do four Evasive Rolls in row.
- : Advantageous Backstab: Increases Edge generation by 1
- : Lingering Backstab: Increases effect duration by 50%
- : Energetic Backstab: Decreases cooldown by 25%
Last two are most useful in PVP.
This is for getting last piece of damage.
|25px||This section requires an expansion. |
- ↑ "The Warrior Bible" by Assa
|Defense||Melee Offense||Ranged Offense||Support|